lucille Beta download
You can download lucille Beta which is a rendering application supporting Autodesk 3dsMAX. Please read the software license agreement below, and check "I agree" if you agree with the software license agreement.
Accelerated Global Illumination Renderer lucille
lucille Software License Agreement
Any user (hereinafter referred to as the "User") who intends to use the lucille (hereinafter referred to as the "Software") shall carefully read the provisions of this License Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the "License Agreement") without fail before installing and using the Software. This License Agreement contains the licensing conditions for the use of Software and provisions for warranty, exemption, etc. A User who agrees on all the provisions of this License Agreement shall press the "Agree" button shown together with this License Agreement. A User who does not agree on any part thereof shall press "Disagree" button and shall not install and use the Software. Fixstars Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") may at any time make any modification, amendment, and addition (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Amendment") to any of the provisions of this License Agreement without prior notice. The Amendment to this License Agreement shall become effective and applicable to the User and Company upon update thereof on the website of the Company and Users may peruse the latest licensing conditions on the website of the Company.
Article 1. Grant of License
1. The Company grants a license to the User to use the Software for its internal purpose on a non-exclusive basis.
2. The User may only use the Software in one workstation. The Software shall be deemed to be used in the case where it is loaded and run in the memory or virtual memory of the workstation or other electronic devices(hereinafter referred to as the "User's Devices").
3. The User may not, through a network, use the Software from any User's Device other than the User's Devices in which the Software is installed.
4. The Software contains programs developed by third parties. In the case where the User uses the Software, the licensing conditions relating to such programs shall also be applied.
5. The ownership of any and all intellectual property rights including the copyright (including the rights stipulated in Article 21 through Article 28 of the Copyright Act of Japan) incorporated in the Software (including accompanying manuals etc.) shall be vested in the Company or any third party which grants the license to the Company (hereinafter referred to as the "Original Licensor") and the User shall acknowledge that conclusion of this License Agreement does not mean that the ownership thereof transfers to the User.
6. The User shall acknowledge that the conclusion of this License Agreement does not mean that the User becomes entitled to demand the provision or disclosure of the source code with respect to any part of the Software.
Article 2. Trial User
1. Notwithstanding the provisions of this License Agreement, any User who desires to use the Software on a trial basis is entitled to the non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-renewable, and limited license only for the period as separately prescribed by the Company(hereinafter referred to as the "Trial Use Period"). During the Trial Use Period, the Software may be used only for the purpose of evaluating the Software.
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of this License Agreement, the license granted to the User shall terminate upon expiration of the Trial Use Period and the User may not use the Software thereafter unless the User purchases a commercial version of the Software.
3. The Company may activate the function such as time out to automatically make the Software unusable upon expiration of the Trial Use Period. The Company shall not be liable for damages suffered by the User due to the said function.
4. The license of the Software shall be granted on an as is basis throughout the Trial Use Period and the Company shall not assume any responsibility or give any warranty for the use thereof during the Trial Use Period under any situation whatsoever.
Article 3. License Fee
1. The User shall, when using the Software after expiration of the Trial Use Period, pay the license fee.
2. The amount and payment method of the license fee shall be as separately prescribed by the Company.
3. The Company may, when unable to confirm the payment of the license fee on or before the due date prescribed by the Company, request the User to discontinue the use of the Software. The Company is not liable to indemnify the User for the damage caused thereby.
Article 4. Prohibited Matters
1. Without the prior consent of the Company with respect to the Software, the User shall not:
(i) allow any third party other than the User (including its officers and employees if the User is a corporation) to use the Software in whole or in part;
(ii) reproduce the Software in whole or in part for any purpose (provided, however, that in the case where the Software is upgraded in whole or in part, if both the Software and an older version of the Software are installed simultaneously, it shall be deemed as reproduction.);
(iii) alter or modify the Software in whole or in part;
(iv) incorporate the Software in whole or in part into any other software or incorporate any other software in whole or in part into the Software;
(v) analyze the structure, function, processing method, etc. of the Software by tracing, debug, disassemble, reverse engineering, or decompile of the Software or any other means or try to obtain the source code of the Software;
(vi) delete or alter the mark of intellectual property right or trademark of the Software;
(vii) assign, rent, lease, sublicense or offer as a security any right or installation medium relating to the Software to a third party;
(viii) display, disclose or demonstrate the Software to an unspecified or large number of people for commercial purpose;
(ix) make transmittable the Software in whole or in part or reproduction thereof on a network which third parties are able to access;
(x) provide the Software to a third party or allow a third party to use it for benefit;
2. The User shall consent that the Company or any third party entrusted by the Company may carry out, on the condition that the Company gives prior written consent to the User, audits in order to confirm the User's compliance with the provisions of this License Agreement.
3. The Company shall bear the expenses of the audits referred to in the preceding paragraph except where the Company deems that the User violates the provisions of this License Agreement.
4. In the case where the Company deems that the User falls under any of the items of Paragraph 1 above, the User shall be liable for compensation of damages suffered by the Company.
Article 5. Exemption
1. The Company shall not warrant that any function contained in the Software fits for particular purpose of the User.
2. The Company shall not offer any warranty such as non-existence of infringement on rights of a third party, discontinuation of the Software's operation and realization of the performance as was expected by the User.
3. In the case where User's use of the Software causes loss of business opportunity, damage to credit, malfunction of electronic devices, or loss or damage to data to the User or any third party other than the User, the Company shall not assume any legal responsibility, including contractual liability and liability in tort, for any direct, indirect, ordinary, or special damage of any kind resulting therefrom regardless of the cause of claim.
4. The Company shall not be liable for replacement or repair of the Software or its accessories even if they contain fault in description such as misprints and omitted words. Furthermore, even in the case where the fault causes damage to the User or a third party other than the User, the Company shall not be liable for that.
5. The User shall acknowledge that, like the Company, the Original Licensor shall not give any such warranty and assume any such responsibility as referred to in the preceding paragraphs for the Software.
Article 6. Provision of Patch Program
1. The Company may, without compensation, provide patch programs relating to the Software for the purpose of debug etc.; provided, however that the application of patch programs is not covered by the warranty in the case where:
(i) the Software is used beyond the capacity or capability approved by the Company;
(ii) the Software is used in the environment which does not conform to the operating environment prescribed by the Company;
(iii) the Software is altered without Company's prior consent;
(iv) the Software is maintained or altered by a person other than the Company or a third party approved by the Company; or
(v) the Software is not in good operating condition due to causes attributable to a party other than the Company.
2. The User itself shall download the patch program from the website of the Company and apply it to the Software according to the manuals, wizards, etc. about the application method in principle.
3. This License Agreement shall also apply to the Software to which the patch program is applied.
4. The Company shall not be liable for any damage suffered by the User due to the User's failure of applying the patch program, for which the Company provided the information.
Article 7. Limitation on Responsibility
1. Unless otherwise stipulated in laws and regulations, if the User seeks remedy from the Company due to the causes attributable to the Company, the total amount of compensation for damages shall be up to the consideration of the Software, which triggered the occurrence of said liability.
2. The Company shall not be liable for the loss, destruction, and deletion of User's programs and data or lost profit of User arising out of whatsoever the cause was.
Article 8. Termination
1. In the case where the User conducts an act which falls under any of the items of Paragraph 1 of Article 3 hereof or the User violates conditions stipulated in this License Agreement and the Company decides that it is not corrected even after the Company gives notice with reasonable period of time, the Company may terminate this License Agreement.
2. In addition to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the User or Company may terminate this License Agreement without notice in the case where the other party commits gross negligence or act of disloyalty.
Article 9. Effect of Termination of this License Agreement
1. In the case where this License Agreement is canceled or otherwise terminated, the User shall promptly delete the Software and reproduction thereof in whole and shall not use them thereafter.
2. The provisions of Article 3, Article 4, and Article 10 hereof shall survive the termination of this License Agreement and continues in effect thereafter.
Article 10. Export Regulations
1. The User shall comply with all related laws and regulations, rules, and orders (including, without limitation, the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act of Japan relating to the export of cargoes or technology information whose export is regulated; hereinafter referred to as the "Related Laws and Regulations") as far as they relate to the exercise of rights under this License Agreement.
2. The User may not export or reexport any related information, technology (which is not limited to the "Software"), and data relating to this License Agreement or any process, product, device, software, or service made by using the related information, technology, and data without obtaining the permission of the government of any relevant country (not limited to the government of Japan) which is deemed necessary under the Related Laws and Regulations.
Article 11. Settlement of Dispute
1. This License Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Japan and shall be subject to the agreed exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court.
2. The User shall acknowledge that the Original Licensor has the status of a party with respect to any lawsuit over this License Agreement to the extent that it is permitted under the laws of Japan.
Article 12. Matters of Consultation
Matters not stipulated in this License Agreement and doubts arising in connection with the interpretation of the provisions of this License Agreement shall be settled through good faith consultation between the User and Company.
M³ PLATFORM END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (THE “AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING, DOWNLOADING OR USING THE SOFTWARE PROGRAM THAT ACCOMPANIES THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT PROVIDES A LICENSE TO USE THE SOFTWARE AND CONTAINS WARRANTY AND LIABILITY DISCLAIMERS. IF YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS, SELECT THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON AT THE END OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS, SELECT THE “DECLINE” BUTTON AT THE END OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND DO NOT INSTALL, DOWNLOAD OR USE THE SOFTWARE. FIXSTARS CORPORATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. THE LATEST AND MOST CURRENT AGREEMENT CAN BE FOUND ON FIXSTARS CORPORATION’S WEBSITE.
GRANT OF LICENSE.
This is a license agreement and NOT an agreement for sale. Fixstars Corporation (“Fixstars”) licenses you to use of the software program that accompanies, or to which you are provided access in connection with this Agreement (the “Licensed Program”) only as permitted by this Agreement and it retains all rights not expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
If you requested a free trial and such request was approved by Fixstars, notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in this Agreement, you are only granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-renewable license to use the Licensed Program solely for the specific purpose of evaluating the Licensed Program for 14 days or such other period approved in writing by Fixstars (the “Trial Period”). Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in this Agreement, at the end of the Trial Period your right to use the Licensed Program shall terminate and, unless you enter into a separate license agreement with Fixstars for the Licensed Program, you shall have no further right to use the Licensed Program. Fixstars may include time-out mechanisms or other features that may automatically disable the Licensed Program at the end of the Trial Period and Fixstars will have no liability to you if such features disable the Licensed Program. All trial versions of the Licensed Program are granted “AS IS” and under no circumstances will Fixstars have any liability to you for any trial use.
If you requested a preview of a pre-commercial release version of the Licensed Program (“Evaluation Version”) and such request was approved by Fixstars, notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in this Agreement, you are only granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-renewable license to use the Evaluation Version solely for the specific purpose of evaluating the Evaluation Version for the period approved in writing by Fixstars (the “Preview Period”). Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in this Agreement, at the end of the Preview Period your right to use the Evaluation Version shall terminate and, unless you enter into a separate license agreement with Fixstars, you shall have no further right to use the Evaluation Version or any other version of the Licensed Program. Fixstars may include time-out mechanisms or other features that may automatically disable the Evaluation Version at the end of the Preview Period and Fixstars may terminate “Preview Period” at any time without notice. Fixstars will have no liability to you if such features disable the Evaluation Version. All Evaluation Versions are granted “AS IS” and under no circumstances will Fixstars have any liability to you in connection with your use of any Evaluation Version.
The Licensed Program is a proprietary product of Fixstars and is protected by copyright law and international treaties. Fixstars retains title to and ownership of the Licensed Program, including the enclosed copies and each copy that you are authorized by this Agreement to make.
SCOPE OF RIGHTS; RESTRICTIONS ON USE.
This nonexclusive, nontransferable (except as set forth in this Agreement), worldwide, fully-paid, perpetual license to the object code version of the Licensed Program gives the individual or entity that purchases this license (referred to as the “Licensee” or “you”) the non-exclusive right to install and use (in accordance with this Agreement) the Licensed Program solely on one (1) computer. Neither you nor anyone else may use the Licensed Program on more than one (1) computer at a time. If use of the Licensed Program is desired on more than one computer at a time, an additional license for the Licensed Program must be obtained for each concurrent use on an additional computer. You may use the Licensed Program only for its intended uses. You may not offer the benefits or services of the Licensed Program to third parties, whether such arrangement is in the nature of a service bureau, an out-sourcing service or any other similar service or business.
You may copy the Licensed Program only for backup or archival purposes, provided that each such copy contains all of the original copy’s proprietary notices and is kept in your possession.
You may not copy the written documentation that accompanies the Licensed Program. You may make one printed copy each of the electronic version (PDF) of the documentation for the Licensed Program.
You may not rent, lend, lease, grant a security interest in, sublicense or otherwise transfer rights in the Licensed Program.
You may not disassemble, decompile or “unlock,” reverse translate, or in any manner decode, customize, or modify the Licensed Program for any reason, unless enforcement of this provision is prohibited by law. You agree to indemnify Fixstars and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents for any claims related to modifications you make to the Licensed Program.
THE LICENSED PROGRAM IS NOT DESIGNED, INTENDED, OR AUTHORIZED FOR USE IN ANY TYPE OF SYSTEM OR APPLICATION IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE LICENSED PROGRAM COULD CREATE A SITUATION WHERE PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH MAY OCCUR (E.G MEDICAL SYSTEMS, LIFE SUSTAINING OR LIFE SAVING SYSTEMS). Should you use the Licensed Program for any such unintended or unauthorized use, you shall indemnify and hold Fixstars and its officers, subsidiaries and affiliates harmless against all claims, costs, damages, and expenses, and reasonable attorney fees arising out of, directly or indirectly, any claim of product liability, personal injury or death associated with such unintended or unauthorized use, even if such claim alleges that Fixstars was negligent regarding the design or manufacture of the part.
THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS.
The Licensed Program contains third party programs. The license terms with those programs apply to your use of them.
You agree that any material, information or other communication you transmit or post to a Fixstars website or provide to Fixstars under this Agreement will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary ("Communications"). Fixstars will have no obligations with respect to the Communications. You agree that Fixstars and its designees will be free to copy, modify, create derivative works, publicly display, disclose, distribute, license and sublicense through multiple tiers of distribution and licensees, incorporate and otherwise use the Communications and all data, images, sounds, text, and other things embodied therein, including derivative works thereto, for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from a Fixstars website or provide to Fixstars any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material that would violate any law. If you wish to provide Fixstars with your confidential information, Fixstars requires a non-disclosure agreement (“NDA”) to receive such confidential information, so please contact a Fixstars representative to ensure the proper NDA is in place.
FIXSTARS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE LICENSED PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ITS OPERATION WILL BE ERROR-FREE. THE LICENSED PROGRAM IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND NEITHER FIXSTARS NOR ANY LICENSOR SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR THE LICENSED PROGRAM OR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED IN FURTHERANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT. FIXSTARS (INCLUDING ITS LICENSOR(S)) MAKES AND YOU RECEIVE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR IN ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY OTHER COMMUNICATION; AND FIXSTARS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
FIXSTARS’ LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT DAMAGES AND SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU ORIGINALLY PAID FOR THE LICENSED PROGRAM. IN NO EVENT WILL FIXSTARS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA).
This Agreement is effective until terminated. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying all copies of the Licensed Program. In the event of any material breach of this Agreement, the non-breaching party may terminate this Agreement following written notice and a period of thirty days to cure the breach if the breach remains uncured at the end of such period. Upon termination, you must destroy all copies of the Licensed Program.
UPDATES AND SERVICES.
Your right, if any, to receive updates, bug fixes, and maintenance releases and the like (“Updates”), new versions or upgrades (“Upgrades”) or support services (“Support Services”) for the Licensed Program shall be set forth on Fixstars’ website. Please carefully review the Fixstars’ website for such Updates, Upgrades and Support Services terms and conditions that may be applicable to the Licensed Program. Except for such rights to Updates, Upgrades and Support Services (if any and if applicable) set forth on Fixstars’ website (and your payment of a separate fee, if applicable), nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as to grant you any rights or licenses with respect to Updates, Upgrades and Support Services for the Licensed Program. This Agreement does not obligate the Company to provide any Updates, Upgrades or Support Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any Update or Upgrade that you may receive become part of the Licensed Program and the terms of this Agreement apply to them (unless this Agreement is superseded by a succeeding agreement accompanying such Update, Upgrade or modified version of the Licensed Program).
UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT END-USER NOTICE.
The Licensed Program is a “Commercial Item,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. § 2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. § 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. § 227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §§12.212, 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end-users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end-users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein.
The Licensed Program and documentation may be subject to export or import regulations in Japan, the United States and other countries. You agree to comply strictly with all such laws and regulations and acknowledge that you have the responsibility to obtain such licenses to export, re-export, or import as may be required after delivery to you.
Any action related to this Agreement will be governed by Japanese law. Both parties agree that all disputes arising between them and related to this Agreement in any respect, and the enforcement of this Agreement, shall be resolved only and exclusively in Tokyo, Japan. No choice of law rules of any jurisdiction will apply. If any provision (or portion thereof) of this Agreement is determined by a court to be unenforceable as drafted, such provision shall be deemed omitted, unless omission would frustrate the intent of the parties, in which case this Agreement will immediately terminate. This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Fixstars relating to its subject matter. It supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, representations and warranties and prevails over any conflicting or additional terms of any quote, order, acknowledgment, or other communication between the parties relating to its subject matter during the term of this Agreement. No modification of this Agreement will be binding, unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Fixstars.
©2012 Fixstars Corporation. All rights reserved worldwide.
I agree I do not agree
You need to agree to the lucille Software License Agreement if you wish to download the software.